ORTHODONTIC TREATMENT FOR CHILDREN.
Parents sometimes assume that their child is too young for orthodontic treatment. In many cases, diagnosis and treatment at this stage is beneficial. Intervention in young children usually starts from the age of 6 – 7 and it is called “interceptive orthodontics.” At this stage it becomes easier to tackle problems like crowding as the jaw is still evolving.
BENEFITS OF EARLY INTERVENTION ORTHODONTICS.
There are several advantages of early intervention orthodontics:
- Project a better image of how your child’s teeth will grow and address any potential concerns
- Let the orthodontist control the progress of jaw alignment to adjust for the emerging teeth
- Adjust cumbersome problems, such as deep bite, an open bite or cross bite for more controlled chewing habits
- Know what habits to adapt for healthy emerging teeth
- Lessen the burden of more serious orthodontic correction in the future
- Have a more pleasingly shaped and adjusted face, teeth, and lips
- Help your children through early intervention orthodontics, so they can maintain their self-esteem and confidence
If you think your child’s dental and oral health is completely fine and doesn’t require an early intervention orthodontics, still consult Lamparski Orthodontics for assistance with your child’s dental health and guidance about future treatments.
TRY ON BRACES.
Brackets and elastics come in a wide variety of colors. Paint Your Smile by 3M lets you have fun choosing your own elastics and brackets used for metal braces. In just four simple steps, you can get a good idea of what you would look like with braces that follow a certain color scheme. Try it out today!